Friday, March 30, 2012

Citrus White Cake


So, I was trying to find a good recipe for a white cake, without breaking the bank. I love to use cake mixes, but sometimes the flavor its just wayy too artificial. Yesterday I was playing around with the flavors and I hit the jackpot with this one. Me, my sister and a friend really enjoyed the final result!!! If you want, you can take the extra step and use some good quality rasperry jam as a filling and Swiss Meringue Buttercream to frost. Here at my house me and sissy ate as soon as came out of the oven. Yummm!
White Lemon Cake
1 Box of white cake mix ( I used Duncan Hines )
3 eggs
1 cup of water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp butter extract
Juice and Zest of 2 lemons
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray two 9 inch pan with cooking spray and
set aside. ( I used a big loaf pan , but it will work both ways )

In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggs, water, oil, zest, lemon juice and vanilla
until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove cake from oven and let cool.!

2 comments:

john said...

Nice post, good to know that this topic is being covered also in this web site. Excellently written article, if only all blogger offered the same level of content as you.
New company formation for contractors

john said...

Really its a good news.This site has lots of advantage. I found many interesting things from this site. I like it very much. Its so interesting.I want to sharing this topic with some of my close friends. So thanks this post.
Gin rummy online